Thursday … August 23
Latest About VAO video
About Virginia onAir Video
Please watch the below video to get a sense of our mission and vision
This month's developments
Past Month Developments
In anticipation of our official launch on September 19th, Democracy onAir made important strides forward in making sure that Virginia onAir is the best elections and governance information resource in the state come election time.
In terms of personnel, we’ve took on a team of 4 staffers and 4 interns to help bolster our efforts in business development, outreach, and content generation, including 3 interns from the Schar School’s prestigious Global Politics Fellows program.
In total, we’ve recruited 10 curation interns covering 50 state politicians and candidates.
Our new Virginia onAir Executive Director, X, is a graduate of VCU….
Democracy onAir also officially launched it’s Advisory Board, composed of 5 members, including:
- Jeff Wilklow, Vice President of Campbell & Company
- Jeff South, Director of the Capital News Service and Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University
Our GMU chapter also is partnering with the Honors College to help freshmen Honors College students get fast-tracked into Curation roles.
We’ve also reached an arrangement with LegiNation in order to integrate their BillTrack50 data feeds into our politician profiles.
This Fall, we’ll be taking on a number of important projects to serve the mission of Virginia onAir and Democracy onAir.
- We’re integrating in all candidates in Virginia’s state legislative elections by September 1st, creating a full-spectrum resource for Virginia voters to understand their choices in November
- We’re developing interactive maps of Virginia state legislative districts to better allow voters to visualize and understand our state’s politics
- We’re drafting and creating our 2020 rollout strategy for deploying Election and Governance Hubs for other key states throughout the country
The lead curator for this August 20, 2019 VA onAir Update post is Tim O'Shea.
If you have any content you would like to add to this post, submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback discussion coming soon.