Election was held on November 6, 2018.
Incumbent Democratic Senator Tim Kaine is running for a second term.
The Republican Party of Virginia central committee voted to select the Republican nominee for Senate by a primary rather than a convention. Corey Stewart won the Republican nomination on June 12, 2018 after defeating Delegate Nick Freitas and Christian minister E.W. Jackson.
Kaine debates Stewart at VBA
Published July 23, 2018 By PBS NewsHour
Sponsored by the Virginia Bar Association, the debate was held on July 21 in Hot Springs, Virginia.
Links below go to person’s wikipedia entry.
- Nick Freitas, State Delegate
- E. W. Jackson, pastor, attorney, veteran, candidate for the U.S Senate in 2012 and nominee for Lieutenant Governor in 2013
- Corey Stewart, Chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors, candidate for Lieutenant Governor in 2013 and candidate for Governor in 2017
Failed to qualify
- Minerva Diaz, veteran, businesswoman, and clergywoman
- Bert Mizusawa, former Deputy Undersecretary of the Army, retired U.S. Army Major General and candidate for VA-02 in 2010
- Ivan Raiklin, veteran and businessman