The Center for Community Engagement and Impact works with faculty, staff and community partners as a central university hub to facilitate mutually-beneficial partnerships and relationships that enhance student learning and address community-identified needs.
High-quality academic-community partnerships are built using values and principles that guide us in our work. VCU encourages partnerships that strive for:
- Impact by aligning efforts to meet community-identified needs.
- Connections that foster new understanding.
- Mutual benefit and reciprocity for all parties.
- Communication that honors shared goals and supports continuous improvement.
- Contributions that recognize the knowledge, skills and experiences that everyone contributes to the pursuit of common goals
Executive director: Heidi A. Crapol