All content in this site is under the Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial license which permits content sharing and adaptation as long as proper attribution is given to its author(s) and is used for non-commercial purposes.
Creative Commons (CC) is an American non-profit organization devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share.The organization has released several copyright-licenses known as Creative Commons licenses free of charge to the public. These licenses allow creators to communicate which rights they reserve, and which rights they waive for the benefit of recipients or other creators.
The Creative Commons license that Virginia onAir uses for all its content is Attribution- NonCommercial that permits content sharing and adaptation as long as proper attribution is given to its author(s) and is used for non-commercial purposes (see below for more details).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Address: PO Box 1866 Mountain View, CA 94042
Key features of CC-BY-NC
(CC BY-NC 3.0 US)
From Creative Commons website
You are free to:
- copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- remix, transform, and build upon the material.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms:
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made.
- You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- You may not use the material for commercial purposes. No additional restrictions
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation. No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Selected sites that use the CC-BY-NC license
Some of the websites below also contain copyrighted content that can not be embedded in your post.
Some of the websites below allow for re-use in commercial sites. Usually when a website provides a sharing button that enables embedding the content in a post, the content will be covered by the CC-BY_NC license.
Below are some well known sites that provide for CC-BY-NC licensing. Most government related content will be covered by the CC-BY-NC license. The links below give you a more detail on how each of these popular sites approach copyrighted and Creative Commons content.