Communication and Government Major: George Mason University
Global Politics Fellow: Schar School of Policy and Government
Executive Secretary for Diversity and Multicultural Affairs: Student Government Executive Cabinet
Student Coordinator: GMU New Student and Family Programs
Interim Hub Coordinator: Virginia onAir
An internship with Democracy onAir is the next step in continuing my journey toward my goals of becoming a political journalist.
My studies thus far within the School of Communication at George Mason University as well as my outside engagement in competitive forensics have vastly strengthened my journalism, public speaking, and PR proficiencies. While my networking skills will contribute to connecting efficiently with different sectors of the agency as well as other interns selected. The partnership between the internship and U.S politics is a connection that fully interest me.
Location: Fairfax County, VA
I am an experienced associate skilled in negotiation, research, performing arts, public speaking, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and IBM SPSS. I am currently striving towards a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism and a Bachelor of Science focused in Political Science.
I am a driven go-getter who believes in elevating and bettering myself through education. I have inherent qualities and skills to be a team player while personally flourishing through the opportunities granted by leading as well.
George Mason University Honors College, May 2020 (anticipated)
Bachelor of Art: Government and International Politics and
Communication with a concentration in journalism
Global Politics Arlington Fellow, Spring 2019
George Mason Global Education– Zanzibar, Africa January 2019
George Mason Fact Finders– Israel Summer 2017
Data analysis– IBM SPSS Certification
US Government Security Clearance (Active)
Strong research, planning and organizational skills
Exceptional oral and written communication skills with editing and proofreading experience
Dynamic interpersonal skills; willing to lead or support and inspire other to work cohesively
Dean’s List 2016
Order of Omega, treasurer 2018 – current
Executive Secretary of Multicultural and Diversity Affairs, GMU Student Government, 2018-2019
Juvenile Justice Chairman, GMU NAACP 2018- 2019
Social and Risk Chairman, Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity, Gamma Alpha Chapter
Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Fraternity, 2017-current
National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Alpha Pi 2017- current
Honors College Multicultural Ambition, 2016- current
George Mason Forensics Team, 2016- 2018
Open Door Women’s Shelter, Springfield, Virginia July 2018 and July 2016
Mason Alternative Spring Break, Habitat for Humanity March 2018
Thrive DC, Washington, District of Columbia December 2016
Save Our Planet DC, Washington, District of Columbia September 2016
Student Coordinator, at George Mason University, August 2018- current
Patriot Leader at GMU, January 2018- August 2018
WGMU-DJ and Host, April 2018-May 2018
GMIF- Junior Interpretation Staff, July 2017- August 2017
Forensic Speech Coach (freelance), August 2017- current
Peace Corps Press Office Communications Intern, Washington DC September 2018- December 2018
MDV- Solar Energy Industries Association Policy Analyst Intern, Washington DC February 2018- May 2018
Sol Unesco Research Head Intern, Reston, VA March 2018
The Country Bookshop Customer Support/ Store Clerk, Southern Pines, NC March 2016- January 2018
OnAir Chapter Coordinator
- Coordinate the George Mason University chapter whose members include undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of GMU.
- Supervise and train Chapter members in best ways to curate politician and district profiles (especially for districts where they are registered to vote). As part of their profile curation, chapter members will be the conduit for voter questions and politician answers and moderating comments and forums.
- Collaborate with Mason student organizations to plan and implement special on campus events such as Town Halls, Candidate Days, and forums that will be live streamed and archived via the Hub’s YouTube channel and the Virginia Elections and Government Hub.
- Prepare and follow through on the application of an undergraduate club (Student Organization) as part of the GMU onAir chapter and serve as its first President.
- Assist chapter members with enhancing their Hub profiles and authoring posts on relevant state issues as well as how to do effective video interviews of politicians using a smart phone and showing their staff how to produce live streamed updates via YouTube Live with YouTube chat capability.
To learn more about the GMU onAir Chapter and its members, go here.