George Mason University alum. BA in Global Affairs. Minor in Conflict Analysis and Resolution.
Nader is a Spring ’19 graduate from George Mason University. He obtained a bachelors degree in Global Affairs. He is Egyptian that is currently residing in Fairfax, VA and has resided in both Egypt and Ethiopia in the past. Nader has a passion for political affairs and various social issues, which is why he wanted to affiliate himself with Democracy onAir. Nader has experience in youth development, refugee resettlement and helping Democracy onAir achieve its goals through the Mason Summer Entrepreneurship Accelerator (MSEA) program.
- BA in Global Affairs
George Mason University
2015 to 2019
Minor: Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Refugee and Immigrant Services Intern
Lutheran Social Services
2019 to 2019
• Assisted Reception and Placement Case Managers in managing client cases and maintaining case files
• Assisted in welcoming and meeting clients and setting up apartments for newly arriving refugees
• Assisted clients with applications for Social Security cards and State IDs
• Accompanied clients to various employment, education and medical appointments
• Attended orientations on safety, financial literacy and methods of public transportation
- Refugee Employment Intern
Ethiopian Community Development Council, Inc.
2018 to 2018
• Assisted Employment Specialists with employment development and job placement for refugees.
• Conducted employment plan interviews with refugees
• Assisted refugee community members with necessary skills for find and keeping a job
• Searched for job opportunities, applied for jobs and ensured job retention for clients
• Basic administrative assistance: filed paperwork and kept case notes for each refugee
- Youth Development Intern
Kid Power, inc.
2017 to 2017
• Engaged in academic, athletic, and social activities with children ages 8-14
• Supervised volunteers and members of the Student Youth Employment Program.
• Designed and carried out social and physical wellness activities for children ages 8-14
• Teaching assistant for in-class activities
• Assisted program directors with a variety of administrative functions
The lead curator for this Nader Momtaz post is Nader Momtaz.
If you have any content you would like to add to this post, submit it to email@example.com.
Feedback discussion coming soon.