My name is Nader Momtaz and I am a George Mason University alum that pursued a BA in Global Affairs as a part of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and a Minor in Conflict Analysis and Resolution. I am currently the Operations Director for Democracy onAir.
I am a member of this hub to increase transparency and better communication between the politicians and the people. I truly believe that the people’s voice is stronger than any one individual and that everyone has a right to learn the facts and participate in our democracy while fulfilling their civic duties.
Nader is a Spring ’19 graduate from George Mason University. He obtained a bachelors degree in Global Affairs. He is an Egyptian that is currently residing in Fairfax, VA and has resided in both Egypt and Ethiopia in the past. Nader has a passion for political affairs and various social issues, which is why he wanted to affiliate himself with Democracy onAir. Nader has experience in youth development, refugee resettlement and helping Democracy onAir achieve its goals through the Mason Summer Entrepreneurship Accelerator (MSEA) program and his position as Operations Director.
- BA in Global Affairs
George Mason University
2015 to 2019
Minor: Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Refugee and Immigrant Services Intern
Lutheran Social Services
2019 to 2019
• Assisted Reception and Placement Case Managers in managing client cases and maintaining case files
• Assisted in welcoming and meeting clients and setting up apartments for newly arriving refugees
• Assisted clients with applications for Social Security cards and State IDs
• Accompanied clients to various employment, education and medical appointments
• Attended orientations on safety, financial literacy and methods of public transportation
- Refugee Employment Intern
Ethiopian Community Development Council, Inc.
2018 to 2018
• Assisted Employment Specialists with employment development and job placement for refugees.
• Conducted employment plan interviews with refugees
• Assisted refugee community members with necessary skills for find and keeping a job
• Searched for job opportunities, applied for jobs and ensured job retention for clients
• Basic administrative assistance: filed paperwork and kept case notes for each refugee
- Youth Development Intern
Kid Power, inc.
2017 to 2017
• Engaged in academic, athletic, and social activities with children ages 8-14
• Supervised volunteers and members of the Student Youth Employment Program.
• Designed and carried out social and physical wellness activities for children ages 8-14
• Teaching assistant for in-class activities
• Assisted program directors with a variety of administrative functions
Name: Nader Momtaz
Degree: Global Affairs
- NHS Leadership Award
National Honor Society