Some of my other experience has stemmed from my service with a student-led humanitarian mapping club called Mason Mappers. I am currently the secretary of the club and I have held a couple of OpenStreetMap workshops designed to showcase the features of the software. Special events called “Map-a-thons” have been hosted to allow members and non-members alike to use OSM for mapping roads, buildings, and other structures for humanitarian purposes. Through my internship, I submitted a proposal for my own research topic involving the collection and analysis of cropland soil data. My methods included extracting soil quality data from the NRCS’s Soil Survey and collecting data directly from farming equipment in my hometown.
MS, Geographic and Cartographic Sciences
George Mason University
Cumulative GPA: 3.68
Chaden (trceability company)
Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
• Submitted a research proposal regarding the spatial distribution of soil quality on
• Collected data on soil productivity, soil type, and elevation
• Created maps using ArcMap that displayed how the three variables influence crop
Peer Writing Tutor
Spring 2018 to present
• Collaborate with clients on essays, reports, research processes, theses, etc., to provide strong feedback, a plan for developing/revising their paper, and some strategies for their next writing assignment.
Spring 2019 to present
• Learning assistant for a 300-level introduction to GIS course.
• Duties include aiding students with their coursework during class, assisting the
professor with class plans, and holding office hours.
• ArcGIS software and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
• Microsoft Office
• Collaborative and Adaptable
Member of Geography Honor Society
Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU).
Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Fall 2018.
Spring 2017 to present
• April 2018-April 2019 I was secretary of the club. I now hold the position of treasurer
• Project supervisor of a team that is developing a map displaying the correlation
between crime statistics and education within the DC Metro Area.
• Worked with a team in 2017 to update the historical map pamphlet for Fairfax County
using ArcMap and Adobe Illustrator