Senior: Majoring in Communication, Media Production & Criticism and minor in Political Communication, George Mason University
General Manager: Mason Cable Network
As a freshman with Mason Cable Network, I served as the Assistant Production Manager and was promoted to Production Manager just one year later. As the General Manager of Mason Cable Network, I hope to sustain the network’s growth, and bring new student concepts to the table. She enjoys the creativity and integrity behind multimedia journalism, and is furthermore interested with the discipline’s connection to political communication. Angelique aspires a career as a news reporter/Multi-Media Journalist.
Angelique balances two jobs while taking a full load of credits at George Mason University. Her involvement in a Television Production program during high school inclined her to resonate passion for television and for working behind the camera. She then quickly fell in love with multimedia journalism through her 2018 summer internship at WDVM News in Hagerstown, MD.
Currently, Angelique majors in Communication with a concentration in Media Production & Criticism and a minor in Political Communication. She is involved on campus in the Office of Student Media serving as General Manager for Mason Cable Network, a News Reporter for Mason Cable News, the Secretary for the GMU Society of Professional Journalists, a Staff Writer for GMU Fourth Estate, and is also an Assistant Manager at Cobb Theatres in Leesburg, VA on the weekends. Angelique is a dedicated individual who aims for a career in news broadcast industry as a MMJ/TV News Reporter.
Mason Cable Network
Aug 2016 – Present
• On-campus scholarship position when school semesters are in session
• Entered the network as an Assistant Production Manager in August 2016, promoted to Production Manager in August 2017, and is newly serving as the Interim General Manager as of August 2018
• Approves all of content that appears on the following, but is not limited to: cable channel 8.1, YouTube channel, masoncablenetwork.com and social media platforms
• Creates a content strategy that results in increased audience for Mason Cable Network
• Works with each staff member on entry level to ensure success of the operation
• Collaborates with other Student Media groups to boost engagement and audience
• Leads a team of driven students who have strong interest in broadcast television
May 2018 – Aug 2018
• Builds professional and fully-produced demo reel
• Produces multi-part creative stand-ups (working solo & alongside WDVM MMJ/reporter)
• Writes scripts for use in broadcast and on website
• Improves post-production skills with Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity, etc.
• Learns and familiarizes with iNews system, as well as “backpack” live mobile units
Mason Cable News
Oct 2016 – Present
• Reports on student organization events, local news, and campus life at George MasonUniversity
• Writes, produces, films, and edits packages for the live broadcasts of Mason Cable News
• Provides the Mason students the latest pertaining to news on & off campus
• Received Best News Package at the 2017 Mason Cable Network Gala for assistance inproduction (2017 Giant Store in University Mall Reveal)
• Received Best News Package at the 2018 Mason Cable Network Gala for lead production(Northam’s Victory Speech – Political Coverage)
Sep 2017 – Present
• Staff writer for the lifestyle & culture section of Fourth Estate
• Seeks weekly stories about campus life pertaining to fashion, makeup, food, & other fun topics
• Eager to actively inform Mason students pertinent news about the latest in their community
• Provides media coverage for various campus events & activities
• All content is published on the weekly print edition of Fourth Estate and online at gmufourthestate.com
Capitol Productions Television
Sep 2015 – May 2016
Student producer for a Loudoun Now segment called “Loudoun Unscripted”. Viewthrough Loudoun Now’s newspaper website,http://loudounnow.com/category/video/loudoun-unscripted/
George Mason University
Bachelor of Arts: Communication in Media Production & Criticism | Political Communication Minor
2016 – 2019
Activities and Societies: GMU Office of Student Media, Mason Cable Network, Mason Cable News, GMU Society of Professional Journalists and GMU Fourth Estate
• Sigma Delta Chi Foundation of Washington, D.C. Scholar – 2018
• Special Recognition by Dept. of Communication – Spring 2018
• Group Leader & Student, Intercultural Communication for Organizational Contexts in Paris, France – Winter 2018
The lead curator for this post is Angelique Arintok.
If you have any content you would like to add to this post, submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.