Current Position: State Delegate for VA House District 70 since 2009
McQuinn was a member of the Richmond School Board 1992–96, serving as vice chair.
McQuinn was elected to the Richmond City Council in a special election on April 6, 1999, replacing Leonidas B. Young, II, who resigned in February, and Sherwood T. White, an interim appointment. She served as Vice-Mayor 2003–2004 and Vice-President of the Council 2007–2008.
When Delegate Dwight Clinton Jones was elected Mayor of Richmond in November 2008, McQuinn ran for the Democratic nomination for his 70th district House seat. She defeated lawyer Carlos Brown for the nomination, and was unopposed in the general election on January 6, 2009.
Virginia Commonweath University
Virginia Union University
Birth Year: 1954
Place of Birth: Henrico, VA
Race(s): African American
Spouse: Jonathan McQuinn
Children: James E. Minor III and Daytriel J.
Membership & Affiliation: New Bridge Baptist Church
Legislative Assistant: Keith Westbrook
Administrative Assistant During Session: Dale Monroe
- Government – DelDMcQuinn@house.virginia.gov
900 E. Main St,
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Phone: (804) 698-1070
P.O. Box 406
Richmond, VA 23218
Phone: (804) 698-1070
Elected State/Local Office: Richmond City School Board (1992-96)
Richmond City Council (1999-2009)
House Leadership: Minority Caucus Sergeant at Arms (2012-)
2019 State Delegate for VA House District 70
|Delores L. McQuinn (D)||19,584||94.66%|
- Appropriations – Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Emancipation Proclamation and Freedom Monument Subcommittee Work Group #1 Virginians on the Monument
- Enslaved African Americans in Virginia, Task Force to Assist in Identification of the History of Formerly
- History of Lynching Work Group
- House Appropriations
- House General Laws
- House Transportation
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Board of Trustees
- King in Virginia Subcommittee
- King, Jr., Dr. Martin Luther, Memorial Commission
- Virginia Indian Commemorative Commission
This Week In Richmond: Delores McQuinn and Carlos Hopkins
VPM long-form video
Published on November 19, 2018
By: VPM long-form video
The lead curator for this post is Yasmin Jaramillo.
If you have any content you would like to add to this post, submit it to Yazzmin36@gmail.com.
Send the lead curator your questions, suggestions, and endorsements.