Current Position: State Delegate for VA House District 62
As a parent, I want the best for my children and yours – safe, nurturing schools; highly qualified teachers; and equal opportunities for every child. As a small business owner, I want graduates who are prepared for the workforce with strong values, critical thinking skills, and a drive to work hard. I want high quality, good paying jobs for our families.
Source: Campaign page
Carrie was elected to the Chesterfield County School Board in November 2011 and has passionately served her community for eight years. She is the owner and founder of RudyCoyner, Attorneys at Law, located in Chesterfield where she has practiced business and real estate law for almost 15 years. Carrie holds bachelor’s degrees in Spanish language and U.S. government from the University of Virginia and a juris doctorate from the University of Richmond, School of Law.
Carrie has served on the Board of Management for the Chester YMCA, Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee for Chesterfield County, Board of Directors for the Chesterfield County Chamber of Commerce, Elizabeth Scott Elementary School PTA Board, and currently serves as the children’s choir director and adult Sunday school teacher at Chester United Methodist Church. Carrie and her husband Matt, have three children who are all students in Chesterfield County Public Schools.
SEVEN YEARS OF REAL RESULTS FOR FAMILIES
- State-wide speaker on education and housing issues
- Constant voice for equity in our schools
- Chair, School Safety Task Force Working Group 4, Student Support Services
- Leader in community revitalization projects
- Smaller class sizes
- More elective choices for students
- Improved safety in our schools
- Wellness initiatives in elementary schools
- After school learning centers in our community
- Expanded backpack food ministries
- Supported upgrades to the auditorium sound system, parking lot lighting and baseball stadium at Thomas Dale High School
- Led efforts in renaming Carver College & Career Academy
- Increased English as a Second Language teachers in our schools
- New construction – Enon Elementary & Harrowgate Elementary Schools
- Increased musical instruments in our schools
2019 State Delegate for VA House District 62
|Carrie Emerson Coyner (R)||13,182||55.10%|
|Lindsey M. Dougherty (D)||10,701||44.73%|
The lead curator for this post is Katlyn Weiser.
If you have any content you would like to add to this post, submit it to email@example.com.
See Curation Guidelines to learn more about how curators edit content and moderate comments.
Send the lead curator your questions, suggestions, and endorsements.